Yummiest thing ever.

10/29/2008 10:40:00 am

Smultron are tiny wild strawberries that taste kind of like what I imagine strawberry flavoured lollies are supposed to taste like. They're so good that you can't quite believe they're not artificial.

One day last year, I think it was in late June, it had been raining on and off for about a week, but was just starting to warm up. I'd been sitting inside for far too long, so I decided to go for a wander in the odd patch of forest next to Building 5.

The air had that moist, after-rain feeling, and I started poking around in the undergrowth. Hundreds of little tiny strawberries awaited me, and I mean, they really are tiny. About the size of a raisin, up to smaller than a grape. And so very delicious.


Berry hunting is so much fun. Especially when the berries are so little, and you really have to look into lots of nooks and crannies, you sort of feel like a bear preparing for the winter. It's like a treasure hunt where everyone wins!

You Might Also Like

0 comments on this post

Leave a comment...you know you want to...